Thursday, January 14, 2010

Carp gone bad

I meant to throw this up but I never got around to it. I was sight casting flies to carp in mid December and was able to get this fish to eat.. Great battle and I ended up getting her safely in the net, which was a comedy act all it's own. I asked a guy in kick boat to take a hero shot for me and all hell broke loose. Once I lifted the beast up out of the net the fish clearly got away from me and went ape shit. The fish was a thick deep bodied thing and I couldn't get a good grip anywhere. Normally they don't thrash around but this fish was evidently still a little green. He tried his best with the photos but it's tough when a 18-20lb carp is coming down on you.


1 comment:

Esox Fever said...

Very nice pics, and funny.

Sometimes is imposible to calm down those littel demons.

Congratilations for your blog, and your carp.