Sunday, June 21, 2015

June fishing..

has been consistent so far. Both local and in the Mt's. I am going to transition to ocean fishing for a few weeks. We have warm El Nino water up our way and that usually brings some interesting fishing on our coast. Carp on the fly is excellent for numbers but I'm just not seeing the larger fish. I'm curious if the drought may have something to do with the disappearance of the older mature fish? I had a couple of days at the cabin so I jumped over the pass and spent the day at Crowley Lake on the east side , messing with the Sacramento Perch and trout.  Perch were stacked and they were all really good size. Lots of small Bows, nice Brookies and one really nice Brown on our side of the range.

Happy fathers day!

Sonora Pass




Crowley Lake, Ca

Sacramento Perch

Mono Lake,Ca

Bridgeport, Ca





Brookie hole



crasy numbers of juvinal 3-4lb fish

Handfull of better fish in the 8-12lb class

3 comments:

Gregg said...

Sacramento perch have always fascinated me, cool that you live near them. Nice report.

Gregg

Dave said...

Me too Gregg..they sort of remind me of a saltwater perch as Apposed to being a part of the sunfish family. Interesting fish. It is said they would reach 6-9 lbs in places like Clear Lake and the California Delta. Hardly any left in either place these days and extinct from most of their native range.

Unknown said...

Hi Dave,

I'm pretty new in the bay area.
I would like to know if you could recommend some good water for big carp.
I've fishing for carp since age 5. Catch and release only.
Any information I would appreciate.

Thank you!
David