Sunday, May 9, 2010

Carp and stuff

Target was carp. Ended up with 6 landed and three that I coudn't turn before they buried them self in willows or broke me. Most all the carp were about the same size 6-8lbs with a couple of 3lbers.The carp in the lake I was at today pull EXTRA hard. Not sure what it is. Catch a fish of equal size elsewhere and they dont compare. The bastards are strong and run long. Conditions were windy and water was stained as usual. I did get my first Tench on a fly rod. I can honestly say that I don't know anyone or have ever heard of anyone, that has a caught a Tench on fly. This was the 3rd or 4th time Ive tried and I got one to eat. I was stoked. They are strong for there size although an 8wt was probly a little over kill. 4-6wt would be better suited for Tench if that was the target specie. To many big carp in this place for that light of tackle. Good day all around.








1 comment:

Fish Whisperer said...

Great blog and your photos are top notch. I am adding you to my blog roll so I can come back here more.
Tight lines