Sunday, September 5, 2010

Monterey Bay fishing

Hit the water before day break For White Sea Bass on artificials.. Didn't happen once again. I think this is about the 4th or 5th trip with out a grab from one this year so I am definitly due. It WILL happen though. Some other species were caught like King Fish, Halibut a few Lings and other assorted fish that call Monterey Bay home. Conditions were OK. Water was clean and clear but we didn't have much water movement at all today. Bait was everywhere!..Beach goers were in full force when we got back to the dock. Not as crowded as I have seen on Labor day, but busy. Ocean was like a lake and just beautiful all day. See what happens tommorow.


ragarded as trash fish on the west coat..I think the White Croaker is cool




I believe this a Red Irish Lord..little sucker spun around and attched to my thumb. Pretty strong jaws! Ha











3 comments:

Mark Kautz said...

Hey David. Tried to look up Red Irish Lord on this handy dandy website,

http://fishindex.blogspot.com/

but couldn't find it. It's a neat site, you should take a look.

Mark

Ryan said...

Sweet pics. Persistence will pay off for you. As for the fish that bit you, if it were me, it might have to die. =)

The Average Joe Fisherman
http://averagejoefisherman.blogspot.com/

NIKE B. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.