Saturday, November 7, 2009

Florida trip

Fantastic trip despite the up and down weather and the damn bugs. I didn't let it stop me from fishing. I'm paying for it now but it was worth it. It was a DIY trip. No guides. Just me going and finding fish. I'm sure I could have done better with a guide but I was happy with what I did catch. I caught my first Tarpon and Snook on the fly and had a great flurry one day with some of some of the biggest Trout I have ever seen! Had shots at red fish and caught half a dozen or more other speices. Never know whats next there thats for sure. I learned a lot about the fishery and the area. The Manatee were amazing up close. Pauletta was really stoked to get so close to them. She could have stayed there for hours. Probly would have except the fire ants were charging us. Ha. We had a great time. Paul came over and we fished one day and had a blast. We both got tore up by the bugs bad. Here is a group of photos not in order unfortunatly. Some fish I couldn't capture on film since I was solo but I got plenty of pics to give the general idea of what I was catching. Click on a photo to enlarge.






































No comments: