Friday, May 13, 2016

Fishin report

 It has been a while since I had posted anything. Ive been busy with a million other things and just cannot seem to find a minute to sit down.  Fishing has been up and down. Some weeks are good, others hammered by wind. I fish a lot of big open water on both fresh and salt and the spring north wind has been beating us to death this year in Central California.

My main targets this spring have been bay Stripers.. I did spend a week in the motherload area of the sierra foothills for bass. Fishing was a good and the scenery in April is hard to beat. The numbers of stripers on San Francisco have not been anything to write home about but the quality has been fantastic.  Carp, bass and Trout are all in my near future... Shad started off with good numbers of nice fish and fizzled out this last week. I will try and get back on them this weekend.



Gold rush era Chimney from a miners cabin on the Merced River


Stanislaus River Smallie

Coosa Bass aka Erd Eye bass from the Lower Stanislaus

New Melones Spottted bass


My new baby


Tulloch Reservior







2016 American Shad



San Francisco Bay Striper


2 comments:

Mark said...

Those are great numbers of fish. Awesome fishing spot plus the perfect weather. I'm looking forward on your next fishing report. Great job! Thumbs up

Live For Outdoors

Carina Sun said...

wow,big fish
shaddockfishing