Saturday, May 30, 2015

Fishin..

I usually under no circumstances fish the major holidays. It is a guaranteed CF. This past Memorial Day weekend was a rare exception. A really good front moved through and pounded the area around my cabin in central Sierra for most of Saturday. Heavy rain and hail had a lot of the weekend campers scrambling. Poor weather, wind and a little color on the streams is exactly what I like. I punched into a remote section that was a vacant of people. Roads were snotty going in but I found complete solitude and an excellent streamer bite as the skies cleared. All in all a great weekend! All the work I had planned to do around the cabin will have to wait a week or two but that's OK.

Wild Iris



19"






1 comment:

Mark Kautz said...

Those are some pretty nice fish.