Saturday, March 2, 2013

Carp on the fly..

I started out getting ready to go chase Stripers and then I bagged it and went Carpin instead. We've had some great weather in  mid 70s  and it was in the high 50s at 5am this morning. Warm nights around here this time of year usually means they will be up in the skinny water early.  I decided today I would visit fish on water I hadn't been on in about 6 months. It's a bit of walk from the access but I could tell right away we would find some eaters. Once we got to the first set of ponds we were stoked to see tailers.



Started the day with my partner taking the first shot and getting smoked by a good one. A real solid hot fish in the high teens. I also had a shot on a good one early and the fish sort of faded away with out much interest in a heavy black bugger. One more refusal and I changed it out to a slow sinking ESL and that was the ticket. I stayed in there face long enough for them to pick it up visually, and then smack it. They were pretty agressive today but there zone was tight. Had to put it right in there facve.  He ended up going off another direction and ended up with three and dropping another. I stuck 5 or 6 with a couple of decent fish. The rest were smaller 3-4lb fish. Some days it's the other way around but today he bought the tacos on the way home.  Stripers in the morning!


little scrapper
 


 

1 comment:

simonee said...

Hmm, good job!
I like your post,visit my homepage here:

best sewing machines