Friday, April 22, 2011

Almost time

I try and make one or two trips to Pyramid Lake, Nevada. This is one of those places I really enjoy fly fishing solo. I make a point to not read any reports other than weather and just go fishing. Some years are better than others but I seem to fish fish well here and always leave satisfied regardless of the size or numbers. Finding and fishing remote parts of this huge lake is what I set out to do and is most fun.  I'll be up there for a few days next week and i'm really looking forward to just getting away. Here are a few fish from past trips. It's tough and sometimes impossible to get a solo hero shot with out damaging or even killing a fish. If I have the chance I can usually get it done with the fish out of the water no more than 10 seconds. The ones below are nice Cutties but won't raise any eyebrows to the locals. Maybe i'll get some shots on a good one this year. This lake is home to some huge cutthrouts.







No comments: